Native to California, George X. Lin received his Bachelors degree from UC Berkeley and completed his Masters of Architecture at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is a register Architect in the state of California. Exploring and experiencing new environments has always been his fascination. While growing up in California, he was blessed to be in close proximity to nature. However, at the time he did not realize how fortunate he was to be surrounded by nature and all its beauties, partly because many people in his life fantasized instead about exotic countries abroad. Simply finding the time to experience everything ones hometown and nearby nature have to offer is challenging, let alone other cities and countries. While George was fascinated by his travels abroad, these travels led him to realize that the same diversity exists here in his backyard. The only requirement to discovering this diversity was occasionally venturing off the beaten path and exploring. Getting lost often times helps us to find ourselves. George hopes that this website can be an inspiration for others to find time in their lives for a journey, whether it be in new/familiar cities or out in nature away from familiar environments. This is his journey of and reflection of the world, a metropolis of urban and rural landscapes.
20 Things about George
- He has owned over 10 types of pets and really dont want to do that again
- He prefers California rolls over Nigiri
- He likes Avocados over any fruit in existence
- He can run a mile in 7 minutes
- His bucket list includes running a marathon
- One of the most annoying things anyone can do is flake on him last minute with a lame excuse
- When he was a kid he used to be good at badminton, tennis and table tennis. Sadly he doesn’t play any of them now.
- He breakdanced in High school and college. He once outdanced a guy at a club in Berlin
- The most he’s ever walked was 25,000 steps in 1 day
- He spend a lot of time on the computer but he hate how people assumes that means he knows how to fix them
- The absolute most annoying thing for him is not return his call/email/message when he’s trying to help you.
- One semester in grad school, he didn’t sleep for 3 days straight.
- At airports he empties out my pockets into his bag. But he hates it when security makes him empty his bag
- He hates when girls call themselves fat when they’re obviously not
- He absolutely hates musicals. He fell asleep while watching Chicago
- He likes movies that are action packed but still make him think (i.e. Inception or Prometheus)
- He doesn’t really need a GPS. He tend to memorize how to get to places without them
- His most creative thinking always comes right before he falls asleep
- He was once stupid enough to catch a shell (not bullet) from a desert eagle he fired. It was very hot
- He prefer to see beautiful sunrises then sunset often because there are less people around and they are harder to get your body to get up and see